May 3, 2012

67

This is what I have been working on this week. I want to this for the rest of my life. We'll be selling these packs at our Etsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/manitasdegato


I went to Downtown L.A on Tuesday. My mother and I made a $200 sale this past weekend so we went to see if we could find some wholesale items. Downtown for me means smelly, ghetto, dangerous and horrific parking. For my mom, Downtown means awesome deals where people have shops behind alleys where old ladies are making dresses and selling them for super cheap...she obviously hadn't been there in YEARS. The alley (AKA Santee Alley) USED to be how she imagined it but now it is a huge shopping district, exactly like an out door swapmeet. She was really disappointed that it wasn't like when she was younger. Anyways, we found the wholesale area but prices were ridiculous. There was one HUGE store, looked like a Forever 21 but you needed a vendors license and minimum purchase of $200..we'll go more prepared next time.
We did go to the textile district and bought tons of craft supplies...it was so overwhelming.

There was an immigration march going on but we stayed away from the crazyness..





All the fabrics made me want to start sewing more...




1 comment:

  1. Those packages look great! And yeah, I love and hate LA. It's amazing how close the not-so-great places are from the "cool" side of the city.

    Hope you have a great weekend! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...